Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cornbread

I have no idea where my mom got this corn bread recipe, but it's been my favorite since I first tried it. It's very simple, but I must commend whoever first thought to use maple syrup as the sweetener. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2/3 c maple syrup (my mom likes less, so 1/2 c)
1/3 c canola oil
1 c nondairy milk
1 c flour (I'd recommend sorghum or oat flour; you could add some rice or quinoa flour too)
1 c fine cornmeal
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x9" glass pan.
2) Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients and combine.
3) Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes. When it passes the toothpick test it's probably still a bit moist, so you might leave it in a bit longer if you want it drier.

No comments:

Post a Comment