Sunday, January 31, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I promise, not everything I bake has bananas in it. I just had some leftover bananas from the cookies.

Being vegan can be problematic, especially around breakfast time. Most of the typical American breakfast is animal-based. Eggs, cheese, milk, sausage, bacon. So preparing a breakfast that is both vegan and still reminds me of a breakfast can be a challenge. This morning, I made a quick batch of banana chocolate chip muffins. I was thrilled to find that the whole process took less than an hour, mostly baking time. I used a recipe from "The Joy of Vegan Baking," so I can't put it online without breaking copyright laws. However I highly recommend this book (for non-vegans as well!). It's one of my two or three go-to books for all my basic recipes.

The book:


















And the muffins:

No comments:

Post a Comment