Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strawberry Vinaigrette (Raw)

I'm back! And you should all be proud of me for remembering to post over summer. Horray! I even have a new recipe for you guys. As a raw vegan, salads are a big part of my diet. One of the most important parts of a salad, at least to me, is the dressing. In the interests of having a new recipe to post, along with the desire for some variety in my dressings, I have concocted a spiffy strawberry version of my favorite raw dressing.

Tools: Blender (a normal blender should do fine), container for storage, knife, cutting surface, 1/2 or 1 cup measure.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c agave nectar
1/8 c apple cider vinegar
Pince salt
1/2 green onion (cut off the white part, then use about half of what's left)
Strawberries (I used 4 large ones, but just keep adding until you get the desired taste/color)

Directions:
Blend everything until you don't see any strawberry or onion bits. Store in the refrigerator, and mix well before using, as the oil will separate.

If you want a blander dressing, use less vinegar or onions. Add agave to make it sweeter, olive oil to thin it out a bit, or add vinegar and onions to make it more flavorful. I'll probably tinker with this recipe more, so I might come back and change the ingredients. Also, experiment! Try using apples or raspberries instead of strawberries. Go wild and try whatever veggies or fruits you have on hand. If you find something that works, comment to let me know!

Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. also, I will actually try this... it sounds really yummy ... and i like your background

    ReplyDelete